Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP route filter

Hi,

i am trying to filter the inbound routes from ISP , but ended up blocking all routes from ISP.

please can anyone advise..

the topology is like below

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ip prefix-list PL_IN seq 5 10.13.1.26/29

router bgp 65000
neighbor 172.16.16.1 prefix-list seq 5 permit PL_IN in

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i want the only route from PE router to be displayed in CE routing table is 10.13.1.26 

and the same way how to restrict the outbound routes , the only route to be sent is 10.5.11.76 to PE router.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

configuration looks ok. Only thing to be checked that you have prefix with mask /29 only. Please share output of "show ip bgp 10.13.1.26/29 from 172.16.16.1 and 172.16.16.2

Regards,

Akash

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are several issues with the syntax that you have used.

- in the prefix list you give it a name, a seq number, and a network. But you fail to say permit

- when you apply it to the neighbor you should use the prefix list name and not the text of the prefix list entry.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

oopss..i typed it wrong here,

it is 

ip prefix-list PL_IN seq 5 permit 10.13.1.26/29

router bgp 65000

neighbor 172.16.16.1 prefix-list PL_IN in

Hi,

configuration looks ok. Only thing to be checked that you have prefix with mask /29 only. Please share output of "show ip bgp 10.13.1.26/29 from 172.16.16.1 and 172.16.16.2

Regards,

Akash

Thank you Akash...

the mask was /25. i needed only 2 routes so i gave mask as /29, thats what made it denying all routes.

thank you once again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card