Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

bgp router-id question

hi

I need remove a interface, old connection sing bgp. however, I found its ip address act as bgp router-id currently.

Could I get advice that if I remove the interface configuration, what happend with the bgp router-id? will it change immediatly? if so, will it case a reboot? or bgp connection reset?

Any comment will be apprecaited

Thanks in advance

julxu

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Re: bgp router-id question

Hi julxu,

You should always use a loopback interface (logical interface) to be your router id not a physical interface.  So make sure you have a loopback interface with IP address assign to it.  Then that will become your router ID and if you change any Physical interface BGP will not be effected.

HTH

Reza

Re: bgp router-id question

hi

I need remove a interface, old connection sing bgp. however, I found its ip address act as bgp router-id currently.

Could I get advice that if I remove the interface configuration, what happend with the bgp router-id? will it change immediatly? if so, will it case a reboot? or bgp connection reset?

Any comment will be apprecaited

Thanks in advance

julxu

Hi Julxu,

Changing your router-id will be effective after you reset your BGP connections and the best practice recommends that RID with the "bgp router-id" command and that this address be associated with a loopback interface address.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content