Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BGP Router Recommendation

Dear All,

I'm very new to this, hope to seek help. My organisation is a Service Provider and would like to setup a Multihome network to serve our customers. As the current user base is very small, we would like to buy a router that supports BGP so that we can scale up as demand increases. May i know which router should i go for?

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thank You!

3 REPLIES

Re: BGP Router Recommendation

how many customers do you need to support on this router as of right now?

what services are going to be pushed off of this router? t1, t3, mpls, etc ?

Hi ,

For terminating customers who require to run BGP , you can go for a Cisco 7200 NPE-G1 with 512M DRAM, as its a quite stable platform supporting all the features.

In case if you require a Route-reflector for getting internet routes from multiple providers and giving it to your Edge router for giving it to ur customer , then you can go for Cisco 7301 router with 1GB DRAM

In case if you want ur Metro cloud to aggregate and give bgp over it , go for a Cisco 7600 router .

Hope it helps

regards

vanesh k

Hi Christian,

We are a hosting company, we plan to have our own ASN so that we can do multihoming to support about 100 servers. May i know which range should i get?

Views
Helpful
Replies