Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

bgp routing in backbone + vrf

I need some advice on how to implement vrf`s in to bgp for internett access.. Look at diagram in attachment...

I am running two ospf prosesses between all the routers and switches. one of them is a ospf vrf prosess. Between Core#1 and Core#2 I am also running IBGP, and EBGP out to both ISP`s... I am only getting a default from my ISP via BGP...

Now, I want to give my customers that are running inside the vrf access to internet out either Core#1 or Core#2..

How would I implement that? I have tried find some good examples, but where not able to.. I am guessing that the customers inside vrf need somhow get that default also and at the same time be a part of the redundancy between my ISPs.

But I am stuck on how to do this..

Please advice me..

Jens Petter

2 REPLIES

Re: bgp routing in backbone + vrf

I'm presuming you're using VRF-Lite rather than full VRF-MPLS implementation...

I also presume that your customer in the VRF is only running OSPF.

Now, I'm guessing that your eBGP session with your ISP is in the native/global routing table. The easiest way for you to allow default route in the VRF is by one of the following methods:

- Create static VRF route with the command "ip route vrf 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 [admin dist]", then redistribute into OSPF process for the VRF

- Use "default-information originate always" in the VRF OSPF process in your Core routers.

There is another alternative that I can think of (although I'm not sure if it'll work, since I've never really tried it in practice, only theory): "leak" the default route into the VRF by using MP-BGP. This will open a whole new can of worms, though.

HTH.

Re: bgp routing in backbone + vrf

You may design your network with mpls vpn ,i am studying mpls vpn,we should talk more if you are intesting,my msn:titan_pro@21cn.com

Views
Helpful
Replies