cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bgp routing in backbone + vrf

jenseike
Level 1
Level 1

I need some advice on how to implement vrf`s in to bgp for internett access.. Look at diagram in attachment...

I am running two ospf prosesses between all the routers and switches. one of them is a ospf vrf prosess. Between Core#1 and Core#2 I am also running IBGP, and EBGP out to both ISP`s... I am only getting a default from my ISP via BGP...

Now, I want to give my customers that are running inside the vrf access to internet out either Core#1 or Core#2..

How would I implement that? I have tried find some good examples, but where not able to.. I am guessing that the customers inside vrf need somhow get that default also and at the same time be a part of the redundancy between my ISPs.

But I am stuck on how to do this..

Please advice me..

Jens Petter

2 Replies 2

mchoo2005
Level 1
Level 1

I'm presuming you're using VRF-Lite rather than full VRF-MPLS implementation...

I also presume that your customer in the VRF is only running OSPF.

Now, I'm guessing that your eBGP session with your ISP is in the native/global routing table. The easiest way for you to allow default route in the VRF is by one of the following methods:

- Create static VRF route with the command "ip route vrf 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 [admin dist]", then redistribute into OSPF process for the VRF

- Use "default-information originate always" in the VRF OSPF process in your Core routers.

There is another alternative that I can think of (although I'm not sure if it'll work, since I've never really tried it in practice, only theory): "leak" the default route into the VRF by using MP-BGP. This will open a whole new can of worms, though.

HTH.

sp2576304
Level 1
Level 1

You may design your network with mpls vpn ,i am studying mpls vpn,we should talk more if you are intesting,my msn:titan_pro@21cn.com

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card