Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BGP through pix

I have added the necessary static routes, or so I think I have to allow BGP through my pix from outside router to inside router. When I look at the logs I am seeing the following:

Teardown TCP connection 27421004 for outside:<internet router loopback ip>/17404 to outside:<inside switch loopback ip>/179 duration 0:00:00 bytes 0 Flow is a loopback

Is it just me or should the inside switch loopback ip be classified as "inside" and not "outside" by the firewall?? What could I have done wrong to make the pix think this address is outside and not inside?

TIA,

R

1 REPLY

Re: BGP through pix

Hi,

You need to configure a couple of things on the PIX for BGP traffic to flow through it.

1. Static transalation

2. Access List for outside BGP peer to talk to inside BGP peer - host entry is fine.

Here's a link that will provide the guidance you need to configure the two things noted above. Look under the PIX1 configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009487d.shtml#pix1

Hope this helps!

Sundar

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content