Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BGP Traffic Control

Hello Experts!!!

I need some serious advice from all you Cisco GURUs,

I'm also attaching my Network topology with this that will might help you to understand my question.

I've 3 Cisco 2921 Routers connected to 3 different ISPs of 30Mbps circuit with different AS#. I've One AS#59XXX and Public IP pool of  130.XX.XX.0/24. All Three routers are connected using iBGP. and HSRP(With ISP connection is eBGP). 

I've two Cisco ASA 5525-X with Active/Standby Setup. I've Lots of Servers at our In-House DataCenter, like around 120, I've total 22 VLANs which are handled by ASA. and Lots of Servers are having 1-to-1 NAT of Public IP which is managed by ASA also. I've few IPSec Tunnels also which again managed by ASA. So you can consider ASA is my Gateway of my Network.

Now Situation is I'm not an expert of BGP Routing What I've configured is just basic configuration and so far it's working perfect for me without any issue. Problem is I can't utilize all 3 ISPs. Like I've one server which is having NAT ip 130.XX.XX.30 which I want it to use only ISP-I and other server like 130.XX.XX.31 I want to always use ISP-II and IP 130.XX.XX.5 Which is my ASA IP, It should always use ISP-III Which is normal Internet Traffic from In-house Users and IPSec Traffic also.

Well I know these all are possible If I've PBR supported on my Firewall, But Since ASA Doesn't support Policy Based Routing I can't do that. So I'm looking kind of solution if I can do these with help of some BGP Tricks. Well even if not then end of the day my goal is that I want to utilize my all ISP. So All traffic should distribute between all UP-Lliks.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Silver

Hi,not sure I've understood

Hi,

not sure I've understood your problem. I think you want to balance traffic between the ISP making traffic to/from

• 130.XX.XX.30 flowing throug ISP-I
  • 130.XX.XX.31 flowing throug ISP-II
  • 130.XX.XX.5 flowing throug ISP-III

If so why don't you configure PBR on router CB-R1, CB-R2 and CB-R3 ? 

In any case remember you also to balance in downstream; have a look  here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12155816/bgp-partial-traffic-migration

and here 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_bgp/configuration/15-mt/irg-15-mt-book/irg-basic-net.html#GUID-FB7CAC3E-0E43-4B25-85AD-FEC19F5229EE

Views
Helpful
Replies