Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP

Hi!

I have a Cisco 2610XM router with Advanced Security IOS (c2600-advsecurityk9-mz.124-3.bin).

I have tried to use a BGP protocol but I couldnĀ“t.

The BGP protocol is not available in this IOS image?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

So what happens when you type,

conf t

router bgp 100

?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Sankar

When I try this in a router with the advanced security image I get an error stating protocol not in this image. Some of the feature sets do not include support for BGP.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick, you are right. Its not supported until, SP Services feature set.(and up). Check my previous post for the link which shows abt BGP support on various feature sets.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thisisshanky,

I have typed again the command above and I received a message "protocol is not supported".

I accessed the link that you have suggested and the BGP is not available in this IOS image. I need to use another IOS version.

Thank you for your reply.

Rodnei

frenzeus
Level 4
Level 4

Hi. I don't think advanced security feature set includes bgp. I double checked with the feature navigator, bgp is not supported.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Use the feature navigator to find out the appropriate image needed to support it. My guess is try something along the lines with enterprise feature set.

Rodney,

Look at this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/prod_bulletin0900aecd802edc81.html

Looks like only SP Services and up will support BGP.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card