Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bonded T1

I've actually opened a forum before in-line to this bonded T1. In connection with this, i just want to verify that my information is correct.

we've ordered 4xT1,the ISP provided to me the necessary config, using ppp each link. Obviously, i have 4 different layer-3 subnets respectively.

We are not even getting more than 1mb per second upload or download speed from LAN and sometimes worst of 50kb. I reviewed, the configuration seems not bonded because of 4 different layer-3 w/ ppp encap. There's no MLPPP in place.

Please advise...

Thanks again.

3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Bonded T1

Hi,

In a MPPP setup, you should have single layer3 interface. The 4 serial interfaces you have should simply perform as L2 carriage for the multilink interface.

Paresh

yes right, MLPPP have single L3 interface combining the physical links.

my existing is not bonded since it has 4 different L3 presents. When a packet sends out, it use 1xT1 only. Obviously,you'll not get more than 1544mbps.

pls advise...

Hi,

As suggested by Paresh that you have to bond all of the interfaces under the MlPPP, please find a link below for the same.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804a40f9.html#wp1064366

HTH,

-amit singh

Views
Helpful
Replies