Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Bonding Two Point to Point T1's

I have a 2911 with a  Vwic2 T1 card on the remote end going to a 7206 with a PA-MC-TE1, basically 8 T1 cards.  Anyway I will be ordering two point to point T1 lines and since I want it to look like 3 Meg I was thinking of bonding them.  Is that still the best way to set this up?  If so any concerns about setup?

Everyone's tags (1)
Hall of Fame Super Gold

PPP multilink provides an effective solution to provide a single logical interface using the 2 physical interfaces.

Super Bronze

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

One concern might be how well you want to load balance.  In theory, having MLPPP also fragment packets across the links provides better load balancing, but it also raises the workload on both the sender and receiver.  For a pair of T1s, suggest you don't enable fragmentation.

CreatePlease to create content