cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

branch connections to hq and dr using 2 different tunnels how to direct some routes to hq and other routes to dr using ospf

Marlon Malinao
Level 1
Level 1

have a new setup for a branch that will be connected in our mpls in w/c hq and dr is the 2 manin hub, both hq and dr sites also has regional wan connection for regional connections to dc.

we are running single area ospf in hq and dr witth connection to each other using tunnel. now i have a reqyuirement that from branch to regional network it will use dr site to reach the regional network while traffic to hq subnets will directly use the hq connection.

here is my design i will create 2 tunnel on my branch for hq and dr connection but im not sure how can i manipulate the traffic in ospf to prefer dr tunnel to reach regional nerwork while hq tunnel to reach hq subnets, im planning ospf cost? any better idea.

thanks

marlon

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure if it is possible to do this using OSPF.  If you manipulate the cost that will effect the entire interface and not specific subnet.  One way to do this is by using static route with PBR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6599/products_white_paper09186a00800a4409.shtml

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card