Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch site's LAN not being learned via OSPF

alexlembesis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated and help my throbbing headache. I'm setting up a test environment that looks like the following.

(Branch 2821 ATM/T1)---ATM T3---(WAN 7200 )---100Mb---(Core)

The problem I'm having is that the branch LAN subnet is not populating the WAN router's OSPF database. I can ping the Branch's ATM '/30' subnet fine from core, but can not ping the LAN subnet from anywhere but the Branch router. A simple "show ip route 10.190.105.0" shows the following. Configs are attached. Any takers?

RTR0286-BLSB-WAN#show ip route 10.190.105.1

Routing entry for 10.160.0.0/11

Known via "bgp 101", distance 200, metric 0, type locally generated

Redistributing via ospf 100

Routing Descriptor Blocks:

* directly connected, via Null0

Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

AS Hops 0

19 Replies 19

Hello Alex,

I supposed it could deal with ospf network type.

I'm happy to know that my suggestion was right.

Have a nice weekend

Thank you for the points you have already given me.

Giuseppe

Alex

Thanks for posting the configs. I have found one more thing that does not match. On the WAN router the area is configured like this:

area 10.190.105.0 stub no-summary

but on the branch router it is configured as stub (but not no-summary). I would suggest that you update the branch to agree with the WAN by adding no-summary to the area.

And I think that the suggestion from Giuseppe is also a good thing to make match.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Giuseppe,

So am I correct in assuming that on the Branch router you add a subinterface

Ex interface ATM1/0.100 point-to-point

fixed the issue

Hello,

yes I meant to add a point-to-point subinterface on the branch router in order to match the ospf network type with the core router.

But I don't know what exactly Alex did.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

I moved the ip and pvc config from the physical interface to a sub-interface (atm0/1/0.8). That fixed the issue. However, when I had the physical interface configured, I tried using "ip ospf network point-to-point" and that had no effect. Any clue why that wouldn't have solved my issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card