Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BRI load balanced over four interfaces

Im looking for help on a design config where i want each interface to become active on an isdn link at increments of 25% i know the dialer load threshold kicks in the second channel after the percentage allocated. Is there some kind of bandwidth limiting command i could use to help with this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Kevin Hobson CCNA

4 REPLIES

Re: BRI load balanced over four interfaces

Hi

from my personal exp i feel thats the only way around to trigger the other B - Channel or the second ISDN line altogether instead adjusting with the Bandwidth paramaters as you mention..

regds

Could this be done if if i put a different phone number on each ISDN B channel? Is it possible to put a telephone nunber on each B channel on a bri.

Thanks.

Kevin Hobson.

Hi

In India we do get some 2 or 3 numbers with an ISDN line which we basically use for many purpose like voice and data.

By using an NT1 device we hook a sinlge B channel into a ISDN phone instrument for voice purpose and the other one into the equipment for data.

But in that case you need to have proper mapping at the TELCO side for those numbers with the isdn line terminated at the customer premises.

But by using 2 different phone numbers to your B channels can you pls revert what kinda of mechanisim you have in your mind which you correlate to the original load balancing query ??

regds

Im thinking two multilink bundles with bap to control bandwidth allocation but i think its pretty unlikely this can be achieved.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content