Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

bringing public IP into LAN

I have a soho setup where ATT Uverse gave me a /29.  I have my Cisco router plugged into the ATT router with a public IP.  The LAN side of the router is plugged into an L2 switch which is vlaned.  Vlan1 is for the LAN side of it Vlan2 is plugged into ATT and the rest of my public nodes.  The problem is that ATT does not give me QoS and I am using one of the nodes as a voice gateways.  I can control the QoS on the router side, but the issue is that if I am downloading large files on the LAN side my voice gateway gets affected.

I need to be able to bring the /29 into the cisco router and let the Cisco router worrry about the QoS and routing.

I know that I cant control the QoS on the internet, but within my LAN I should be able to control it.  And the problem is in my LAN.  I have two IP phones in my LAN and when I am downloading files, I call from one side of the office to the other and call quality is bad.

What is the easiest way to acomlish this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content