Views
Helpful
Replies

Bundle 2 x 1GBPS lines?

splickman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to find a solution of getting throughput of 1.5 Gbps over VPN through the internet.

I have found the ASR can do this throughput with the right card.

Does anyone know if you can bundle 2 of the interfaces for site to site vpn and then use EIGRP to equal cost load balance over the gig lines?

Have contacted our supplier and they say it can't be done and must go 10Gbps.

Internet access in the UK for a 10Gbps interface would cost a fortune so am not even considering it at the moment.

Any help greatly appreciated..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can't give you a definitive answer but logically you would expect EIGRP (or whatever) to see the routes as equal cost and load balance the traffic. Might be one to test in GNS3 before you commit to anything.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mfurnival
Level 4
Level 4

I don't think you can bundle the interfaces for the VPN but you could create two VPN tunnels in parallel and load balance the traffic over them using the routing protocol of your choice.

Hi

Yes sorry that is what i meant, 2 gig lines with 2 vpn tunnels over them with the same setup at the other end.

So its just whether the ASR will distribute the vpn load over the 2 VPN tunnels.

I can't give you a definitive answer but logically you would expect EIGRP (or whatever) to see the routes as equal cost and load balance the traffic. Might be one to test in GNS3 before you commit to anything.

Many thanks for your help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card