cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Bronze

%C4K_L2MAN-6-INVALIDSOURCEADDRESSPACKET

Hi all,

The following  log message is observed on 4507 swicth running IOS : cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-54.SG1. I am aware that this is a multicast packet which is invalid and no learning is done. This is wasting my cpu resources.

Wiuld like to know how can the source generatting these packets can be traced.

%C4K_L2MAN-6-INVALIDSOURCEADDRESSPACKET: (Suppressed 10 times)Packet received with invalid source MAC address (01:00:5E:7F:FF:FA) on port Gix/x  in vlan X Server's public key below the mandatory size of 768 bits!

Regards,

Sathvik K V

4 REPLIES
Gold

Hello Sathvik,

Please look at this document

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-36000

hope it helps you

Regads,

Ashish

Bronze

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for the document!!

Had gone through similar kind of DOC earlier but wanted more claritiy on tracing the source of the packet. I have multilple L3 switches connected and i am able to see logs on 4506 and 4507 switches.

I started tracing the the source with the help of log generated in 4507 Switch. The interface is connected to a 4506 switch. Againg i saw logs in 4506 and the interface points back to 4507 switch. Would be helpful if u can help me in this regard.

Regards,

Sathvik K V

Community Member

Hi,

Pls use the wireshark to indetify the source

Also I like to add, the issue is seen on multiple interfaces and 2-3 switches, having roaming users, its difficult to trace the source NIC sending these packets. Thus, kindly upgrade the IOS code on the switches to 12.2(53)SG7 or higher version

Br/Subhojit

Bronze

Hi Subhojith,

Thanks for the suggestion.

In IOS 12.2(53)SG7 is the issue solved?? i Mean does the switch drops in Hardware?

Regards,

Sathvik K V

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content