cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C877 works OK for 48 hours then looses line sync every 2 minutes

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 877 connected to a BT ADSL line. It worked fine for a few weeks following the installation but then it would get in to a cycle of the atm port going up/down every few minutes. It was OK without any data traffic being sent (Ethernet cable disconnected). We have exactly the same setup at another site, with same IOS, without any issues.

We replaced the C877 with another C877 and upgraded the IOS to 12.4.6T2. It was OK for 48 hours then the sync/no-sync issue started again.

We have since replaced the router with a Speedtouch 610 and this has not shown any these problems.

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the C877 and BT DSLAMs? I was wondering if BT are using a different DSLAM in this exchange and the C877 had a problem with it.

Has anyone any experiance with this?

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Chris,

if your 'dsl operating-mode' is currently set to 'auto', you might want to try and set this to 'ansi-dmt', check if that makes a difference.

Regards,

GNT

jiananmail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the same problem in Australia, well, it is worse here. I can't get my 877 sync to my ISP at all.

I did some search in the internet and looks like it is ISO problem. I tried all the dsl modes and none of them worked.

thanks

Please upgrade ADSL FW to 3.0.33 that you can download from:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800

There is a doc file with the installation instructions.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card