Views
Helpful
Replies

Can 880s router support daul WAN?

a3948692
Level 1
Level 1

we are considering this model: CISCO887GW-GN-A-K9
but we are not very sure if it support dual wan (use both wan connections in the same time).

details: we are intend to use the router to connect vpn back to HQ.  remote sites have some application/system and many server in HQ.
so we want to deliver deferent connection to deferent WAN port and the 2 WAN port can backup each other.
I saw on cisco.com it can establish "concurrent connection" but someone told me 880s can only use 3G as a backup "uplink".

thanks for reading.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On cisco routers, all interfaces can be used simultaneously for any possible purpose.

This include the 880 series.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On cisco routers, all interfaces can be used simultaneously for any possible purpose.

This include the 880 series.

so, I think I establish 2 VPN to HQ, and route or nat traffices base on ports? e.g. port 80 / 21 goes to int 0 and all else goes to int 1.

thanks.

PBR would accomplish your requirement.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

thanks, is "PBR" = Performance Routing or something else?

Policy Based Routing.

I recommend you engage a reputable consultant or certified cisco partner for all aspects of network and configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco