Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN ME PLEASE

Hi To All,

In my local network we are using Cisco 2900 series Router

While we put some configuration in this router and save it into to NVRAM by typing command Copy running-configuration to Starup-Configuration

and we reload  the Rouer  all the configuration is Erased nothing is stored in the Router NV RAM , how to we fixed this problem

Can any one explain me please

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Syed Aman

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate post. 

rupertsedgwick
Level 1
Level 1

Your config-register may be set wrong

conf t

Config-register 0x2102

End

wr

This will set it back

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for Reply me

but i already set the Config-register 0x2102 value

but i am facing the same thing again its not saving any thing while i reboot the Router

Best Regards

Syed Aman

After executing 'write mem', do a 'show start' and verify if your configuration changes are saved.

Do also a show version, and confirm at the bottom that the register if effectively set to 0x2102.

Post the full log of these steps, it will help us.

Hope this helps

Marco

PS: typing just "CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN ME PLEASE"  as title does not help to

identify the posts and know what's the post about. Consider using a title that reports the exact issue you are facing.

And don't use capital letters!

PS: typing just "CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN ME PLEASE"  as title does not help to identify the posts and know what's the post about. Consider using a title that reports the exact issue you are facing.

Making multiple posts won't help either. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: