Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i configure load balancing in Cisco WS-C4500X-16 switch

I am having two ISP, which i need to terminate in C4500X core switch, is it possible to configure load balance so that i can load balance between ISP's....

2 Replies 2

Vignesh Rajendran Praveen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Preet,

I assume that you are not talking about port-channel here.

There are multiple ways of load balancing traffic between two ISPs. For example you can use BGP or Static routing.

The below links would provide you a fair idea of the same.

http://blog.webernetz.net/2014/03/12/basic-isp-load-balancing-with-a-cisco-router/

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/border-gateway-protocol-bgp/13762-40.html

***********Plz do rate this post if you found it helpful*************************

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of   the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If your ISP connections are L3, and your routing protocol supports load balancing, I would think the 4500X would.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card