Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't detect 1Ce1T1-pri card on 2811 router

favolmendes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have inserted two 1Ce1T1-pri cards in slot 1 and slot 2 of 2811 router. I have IOS version 15.0. I tried to configure the E1 controller in the config mode .

here is the command  (router_config)# card type e1 1  or  card type e1 2

I get error message "card has been removed or command not supported"

if i do " show diag " , both the 1ce1t1 cards are listed.

please need help to solvethis issue urgently.

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Favol

when I see something posted that talks about can not detect, then my first thought is that perhaps the version of IOS being used does not support that particular interface card. But when I search for the NM-1Ce1T1 the versions of code that it talks about is much earlier than your 15.0. So I do not believe that it is a problem with version of IOS.

My next thought is that perhaps you are not specifying the correct slot in your card type command. If you believe that it is correct then perhaps you could post the output of show diag and cut and paste the output of your attempt to configure and the error message generated.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Favol

when I see something posted that talks about can not detect, then my first thought is that perhaps the version of IOS being used does not support that particular interface card. But when I search for the NM-1Ce1T1 the versions of code that it talks about is much earlier than your 15.0. So I do not believe that it is a problem with version of IOS.

My next thought is that perhaps you are not specifying the correct slot in your card type command. If you believe that it is correct then perhaps you could post the output of show diag and cut and paste the output of your attempt to configure and the error message generated.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

jhosa_reddy
Level 1
Level 1

i think richard is right

may be IOS is not supporting the hardware

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card