Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the 827 act as an Ethernet Router?

andysaykao
Level 1
Level 1

My example:

I have a SHDSL connection and have a Cisco 828 configured to bridge and behind that I have an ethernet router - something like a Netscreen Firewall which holds the WAN IP address.

What I want to do is replace the Netscreen firewall with a Cisco 827 so the 827 just becomes an ethernet router.

Cisco 828 (set to bridge) <- Cisco 827 (ethernet router) <- LAN

If this is possible, does anyone have any config for the 827 to act as an ethernet router in this fashion?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Are you talking about Cisc 827V ?? it contains 4 Analog Telephone ports and a 10Mbps ethernet port.

do revert back if thts the provisioning in your scenario too ,if that happens to be there in place at your side i dont think you will be able to interface (connect) or make your router as a ethernet router to connect the lan to other Cisc 828 router..

regds

cisand2002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I understand correctly you set up. You will need a router with 2 Ethernet ports. 1 connect to the bridge and 1 to the LAN.

C827 has only 1 Ethernet port.

Regards,

cisand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card