cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the IOS universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin be used for a switch 2950?

Hi,

Can a switch 2950 be functional with the IOS universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin?

The coorporate where I work have one of these switches, and this device had been showing network issues.

Tried to find at cisco portal the IOS, but couldn´t find much info (since is a life-end-supported device).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patricia Ramirez

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You won't be able to load that sort of software on a 2950.  Not enough flash, DRAM and CPU power. 

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just had a look u cant.

The device already has this IOS image installed (flash0:c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin).

For some unknown reason, this device has been configured to be used as a router. My doubt is if a switch can be used to work as router (connection to carrier, bgp session, etc)?

The 2950 switch is a L2 switch only i'm afraid so no it will not be able to use as router.

The device already has this IOS image installed (flash0:c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin).

For some unknown reason, this device has been configured to be used as a router. My doubt is if a switch can be used to work as router (connection to carrier, bgp session, etc)?

Oh dear.  I thought you were talking about an old Catalyst 2950 switch instead of a 2951 router.  

What "switch" are you talking about?  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card