Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can the IOS universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin be used for a switch 2950?

Hi,

Can a switch 2950 be functional with the IOS universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin?

The coorporate where I work have one of these switches, and this device had been showing network issues.

Tried to find at cisco portal the IOS, but couldn´t find much info (since is a life-end-supported device).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patricia Ramirez

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You won't be able to load

You won't be able to load that sort of software on a 2950.  Not enough flash, DRAM and CPU power. 

Cisco Employee

I dont see any reason of not

Just had a look u cant.

The device already has this

The device already has this IOS image installed (flash0:c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin).

For some unknown reason, this device has been configured to be used as a router. My doubt is if a switch can be used to work as router (connection to carrier, bgp session, etc)?

Cisco Employee

The 2950 switch is a L2

The 2950 switch is a L2 switch only i'm afraid so no it will not be able to use as router.

The device already has this

The device already has this IOS image installed (flash0:c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin).

For some unknown reason, this device has been configured to be used as a router. My doubt is if a switch can be used to work as router (connection to carrier, bgp session, etc)?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Oh dear.  I thought you were

Oh dear.  I thought you were talking about an old Catalyst 2950 switch instead of a 2951 router.  

What "switch" are you talking about?  

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content