Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can you tell what speed a router frame relay sub interface is running at?

I need to be able to see what speed/bandwidth a router sub interface is running at.

For example 'show controllers' will show me the physical interface received clockrate:

sh controllers hssi 6/0

HSSI DTE, received clockrate 11999470

However, if I want to see what speed a particular PVC or sub interface is running at I am unable to find the command.

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES

Re: Can you tell what speed a router frame relay sub interface i

Hello,

a subinterface is a logical interface and therefore has in a strict sense no speed at which "it runs".

Frames across a subinterface will be forwarded with the speed of the physical interface.

But a FR PVC could have a CIR, which could be learned through LMI. "show frame-relay pvc" could give you some informations on that.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Purple

Hi,

A sub-interface is a logical interface. There is no clock rate associated with sub-interfaces. Therefore, there is no command that will tell you what 'speed' the sub-interface is running at. However, with say, frame-relay interfaces, there will be a CIR associated with each PVC. There are two ways to find that out:

1. Ask your provider.

2. If the provider's switch supports the Enhanced Local Management Interface (ELMI), then you can use ELMI QoS Autosense to automatically discover the traffic settings for the PVC. To do this, use the 'frame-relay QoS-autosense' command under the interface and then use 'show frame-relay qos-autosense' to view the parameters.

Hope that helps - pls rate posts that help.

Regards,

Paresh

VIP Purple

Hello,

I think the command ´show frame-relay map´ tells you what the assigned bandwidth for a subinterface is. The output looks something like this:

ISP1_FR#show frame-relay map

Serial0/0.102(up): point-to-point dlci, dlci

102(0x66,0x8160), broadcast, BW =

Regards,

GP

Thank you all.

I think that clears it up.

Cheers.

Views
Helpful
Replies