Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

cannot format usb flash drive from brand new 2911 either slot 0 or slot 1

Hi All,

I tried to copy my conf file to a USBflash drive but I cannot initialize the USBflash drive.

It asks me to format the USBflash, but when I say "yes" it gives an error.

Feb 21 11:18:40.799: %USBFLASH-5-CHANGE: usbflash1 has been inserted!

Feb 21 11:19:00.803: %USBFLASH-4-FORMAT: usbflash1 contains unexpected values in partition table or boot sector.  Device needs formatting before use!

yourname#fort

yourname#for

yourname#format usb

yourname#format usbflash1:

Format operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm]y

Format operation will destroy all data in "usbflash1:".  Continue? [confirm]y

%Error formatting usbflash1: (No such device)

yourname#

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

cannot format usb flash drive from brand new 2911 either slot 0

Wrong forum, post in "WAN and routing-". You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

cannot format usb flash drive from brand new 2911 either slot 0

Feb 21 11:19:00.803: %USBFLASH-4-FORMAT: usbflash1 contains unexpected values in partition table or boot sector.

Not all USB flash drives are supported by Cisco appliances.    You may need to find another brand.

Hi Leo, is there a list of

Hi Leo,

is there a list of compatible USB sticks? Just to buy another one and to do try and error can be time consuming :-)

Thanks

Knut

Hall of Fame Super Gold

No, Cisco will NOT publish a

No, Cisco will NOT publish a list of "compatible" 3rd party USB due to financial reason.  (Translation:  Are you nut$?  We make lot$ of ca$h selling 2Gb U$B $tick$ for x10 the price in the market.)

Go to your favorite electronics shop and buy three different varieties from three different manufacturer.  Return the ones that don't work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content