Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot see your station/computer from the Internet

I am using a Cisco DCP3825 provided by my ISP Shaw. I am unable to get my ShoutCast service to work with this device as I keep seeing in the log

2012-02-27 07:26:22     E       msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://24.84.168.78:8000/test.aac) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)

To be clear, my ShoutCast service was working correctly when I was using a D-Link DIR-655. In fact I originally had the Cisco DCP3825 in bridge mode with the D-Link and everything was working fine.

Since trying to use the DCP3825 as a router, I cannot get my ShoutCast service to work again. I spent an hour on the phone with Cisco technical support and they were unable to resolve the problem so they referred me back to my ISP Shaw, who were also unable to resolve the problem.

One difference I notice between the Cisco and the D-Link is that the D-Link has a feature called virtual servers such that you can configure a server on a host behind the router with a specific port and this is how I configure my D-Link to support ShoutCast.

The DCP3825 does not have this feature, it only has port forwarding and port triggering, and I cannot seem to get any configuration of these to work correctly with my ShoutCast server. I have even put my server in the DMZ and that still does not solve the problem

Does anyone have any experience with running a ShoutCast server behind a router with NAT, or any more insight into why the YP2 service cannot see my computer from the Internet?

The DCP3825 is surprisingly skimpy on features. Does Cisco have a similar product that is more full featured like the D-Link?

Cheers, Eric

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content