Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

cant surf before nat translation cleared ?? why ??

hello all,

im new here and starting to study at my home for few month with cisco gears,

right now i have difficulties surfing the web with my 1841 router that connect to wan via pppoe,

after i download file with utorrent for example, i see that my nat table is full, and suddenly accessing the web is blocked untill i run the command:

R1841# clear ip nat translation * // * = mean all

what i need to do to solve it,

thanks in advanced

Nir

5 REPLIES
Purple

Hi,

you can tweak the NAT timeouts to lower values and/ or limit the number of entries in the NAT table.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipaddr/command/reference/iad_nat.html#wp1076124

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

thanks dud for the answer, i read the artical and i didnt understand to what value i need to chane it, or what is the best why to achive my purpse

for your opinion what value can give me to continew downloading without problems, and what is a better way to limit the TCP translation number or to limit the time that NAT saving the trans ??

Purple

Hi,

I think you should police the P2P traffic but anyway your timers musn't be too aggressive and I think that trial and error is the way you must go.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

hi,

i try to lower my connection number in my uTorrent client, but its still unsuccessful!,

and every 10 minutes i get this error in to my console session:

*Feb 11 22:22:51.091: %SYS-2-CHUNKBADMAGIC: Bad magic number in chunk header, chunk 0  data 6568D8B0  chunkmagic 6020CE90  chunk_freemagic 64B72064

-Process= "", ipl= 4, pid= 60

-Traceback= 0x60E5FCB0 0x6020FBF8 0x602D395C 0x62663C04 0x62660B68 0x62660D60

can you help me with it here, do you need me to upload my running-config ?

thanks

hi,

the error logs could be a bug. try to upgrade your IOS and see if it resolves your issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content