Views
Helpful
Replies

card type

gaurav.prakash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone explain for which controller cards we need to have this command...'card type E1/T1 slot#'

how to identify..

Regards,

Gaurav

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

AFAIK its reqd for PA-MC-8TE1+ coz it can be used to connect both E1 or T1 lines..

regds

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Almost all newly released cards are having T1/E1 functionality built into the hardware. Most NMs used for voice (NM-HDV2) as well as the VWIC2's need this command to configure it as T1 or E1 port. Unless you configure this command, the ports wont show up in the sh version or running config.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

hi shanky

shanky for NM-2CE1T1 cards we have to configure

card type command,but for VWIC-2MFT cards this command is not required.it will automatically detect controller's.last week i configured 6 VWIC cards

after inserting the cards if you create the channel group it will generate the serial interface.

Regds

Binoy.

Binoy,

Are you talking about vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 or vwic-2mft-t1 ?

Note the difference between the two vwics, one is gen2 and other is gen1. I know the gen1's does not need the card type command, as they are either t1 only or e1 only and not both.

The vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 can be configured as an e1 or t1. Even though I have not configured one of these yet, I believe you still have to specify what kind of port it is using card type command.

Hope that clears the confusion regarding my statement in the previous post.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Shanky,

i'm talking abt VWIC-2MFT-E1.Yes you are correct shanky, like when we configure NM-2CE1T1-PRI we need to specify card type E1 or T1.so it should be same for

VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1.

IF you have documents related to this please give me the link.

Regds

Binoy.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card