Please help. Here is what i going on. I changed the Interface Speens on all the ports, to 100/full. Then somehow I lost all internet. I started changing the spped on GI0/1 port when I realized what I was doing, so think that might have screwed something up. even though the port speed was never changed. I have attached the two switches that are affected. As you will notice, the switches are trunked abd thats where I am lost. I know very little about trunking. I not configure these switches, they were done prior to me, and the one that did configure them in no longer here. If you look at the Configs, you will notice the passwords on differences. I think that is where the issue is. I do not that the passwords on trunking are very important, but if that is the issue I need to know how to correct this. I am sitting here waiting for responses and help. I am also in from out both Switches and canwork with you. Thanks in advance. I need some help like Yesterday.
You don't need trunking configured on these switches as you only have one Vlan. Trunking allows you to carry multiple Vlans over a single link.
By changing the speed/duplex setting, you've created a duplex mismatch to whatever device allows you to connect to the internet.
These switches do not provide the 'gateway' to the internet so I need you to inspect every single connection to these switches for a router. Once you find this connection, change the speed/duplex on this switchport back to speed auto and duplex auto, followed by a shut and no shut.
If you don't regain connectivity to the internet, reboot the gateway router.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...