Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CAT 4507 Fan failure - Chassis fan tray 1;4 .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.3.0.4 0

IOS Installed

Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-ENTSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(53)SG2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 16-Mar-10 04:50 by prod_rel_team

Image text-base: 0x10000000, data-base: 0x12794974

First Question

I wish to know what are the factors that can lead to this kind of event. It happened twice to one of my routers and it brings the power of the router down and was resolved by replacing the fan tray module. So naturally I thought it comes from the fan tray. However, when I install the faulty fan tray into the standby router of the same model, supervisor and linecard installed, the problem did not occur. Its been three months now since the problem occur. I still have no conclusion for the root cause.

Second Queation

Can somebody please explain the logic behind the action the supervisor card will take when it encountered this event (major). I am using supervisor card 6-E. To me it seems that is does not consider the temperature of the chassis, otherwise I would find system messages related to termperature. In both cases, there were no such messages.

Thank you very much for your help.

Rhanny

Views
Helpful
Replies