Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

Cat5 for E1 ISDN PRI connection? Urgent :)

Hi!

I have a customer that is running a 2911 with a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card. This is going to be connected to a ISDN E1 PRI from the public operator. The output from the PRI box is 120ohm.

My question is can I use a standard Cat5e cable for this connection? I know that the cat5 UTP cable is 100ohm and was wondering if that will cause a problem? The distance between the PRI box and the VWIC interface is about 8-9m.

I really need some help and hopefully asap  

Best regards

Eirik

• WAN Routing and Switching
3 REPLIES

At that distance you should be fine, although make sure to monitor the state of the SPAN for errors/drops in sync. 

Thanks. We have decided not to risk this as the customer is a large bank.......... Can anyone tell me if the CAB-E1-RJ45TE= is the correct cable to use from the vwic to the PRI box? 120 ohm and RJ to RJ.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

There is no risk. Any impedence cable will work, and often telco guys will make one free of charge. Just respect that pairs and pinout that is different from Ethernet.

Views
Helpful
Replies