Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 2950-24 Enhanced Image

I faced a problem using Cisco Catalyst 2950-24 switch having IOS ver 12.1(13)EA1 standard Image.

There is a Aperto Packetwave Subscriber Unit PW130 installed at my primises by VSNL India (ISP). When I connect the PW130 with Catalyst 2950-24, it displays the error messages ...

"SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan i

d 2350 on FastEthernet0/1 VLAN1."

&

"SPANTREE-2-BLOCK-PVID-LOCAL: Blocking FastEthernet0/1 on VLAN0001 Inconsistent

local vlan."

I know that Enhanced Image can support extended range of vlan id. But, when I try to download the enhanced image, I'm not allowed. Please help me in solving the problem either by telling me the way I can get the correct enhanced image or telling me to solve the problem i'm facing.

Regards,

Sudesh K Kantila

3 REPLIES

Re: Catalyst 2950-24 Enhanced Image

Hi Sudesh,

its something related to the contract with your company, warrenty all those stuff. ensure you have the right contract and if any licence is involved you have to get it payed get the Enhanced.

Silver

Can you try and disable the sending and recieving of BPDUs. Try the following command

spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

on the interface connecting to the Aperto modem

VIP Purple

Hello,

AFAIK, the SI switches are not upgradable to EI. If you need the Enhanced image, you would need to purchase a new switch...

HTH,

GP

Views
Helpful
Replies