Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

catalyst 3560 switch problem

Just bought a catalyst 3560 switch and cant get it to do anything, the syst let flashes fast and i have no connection on any of the rj 45 ports when i hook up a cable to the console port and watch it through hyper terminal it comes up with a boot failure and then switch: I have the firmware file for the switch that i downloaded off cisco's web site any idea of how i can get it downloaded to the switch, we got the switch from a auction at our local old walmart store and would really like to put it into use at our local isp bussiness please help and thanks in advance

2 REPLIES

Re: catalyst 3560 switch problem

Dan,

Follow the instructions noted in the below link to copy the image over to the switch.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802b7c56.html#wp1099467

Good Luck!!

HTH

Sundar

Re: catalyst 3560 switch problem

thanks got it to accept the bin file now working on getting the web interface working, think i know now why we got it so cheap am new to the cisco thing guys so please forgive me trying to learn it as fast as i can again thanks in advance

Views
Helpful
Replies