cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE Narbiks Workbook

jim-turner
Level 1
Level 1

I am studying for my CCIE lab using Narbiks Advanced Workbook Vol4 and during the EIGRP router topology setup he says "F0/0 interface of BB1 and R1 should be configured in VLAN 11".

I am unsure of how to assign a router port to a VLAN. Is he talking about setting up a virtual interface, a sub-interface or am I missing something?

4 Replies 4

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

doesn't it mean

"Find on your switch(es) the ports to which the F0/0 interface of BB1 and R1 are connected to. Assign those ports to VLAN11 on your switch(es)." ?

Best regards,

Milan

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

"Real" router Ethernet interfaces, when defined with subinterfaces, using, for example, .1Q encapsulation, is how you get them compatible with, or like, a switch's VLAN trunk interface.

jim-turner
Level 1
Level 1

Here is what I am seeing in the workbook if this helps to make it clear.

Hello

I think you may be looking at it the wrong way,

Doesn't he mean assign those router ports which are attached via your L2 switching topology to vlan 11

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card