Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNA & CCNP Course

mikebeltran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All ,

I wanted to see if I can get some pointers here. I m going to start taking some CCNA training and then move to my CCNP , also I would like to include VOIP and wirless. I have some old equipment my job has given me to make myself a Home Lab.  I need help on what I need to keep and what I dont need to accoplish my goal here.

Thanks for the advise Mike B

1-2520 router

1- 2610 with a  4 A/S serial  card & a VWIC 2FMT-T1 card

1- 2610 empty  ( will get a 2WIC serial card )

1- 1841 router w/ 1 serial and 1 T-1 card

1- 1841 router w/ 1 ASDL card  and T1 card

2- Catalyst 3500 24 port  Switch ( non POE )

1- Catalyst 2950 48 port  switch

1- 2821 with 3 T1 cards

1- 871W  router

1- AP1252G wireless AP

1- AP 1231G wirles AP

I will be replacing the T1 cards with Serial interfaces , and Im still looking for a Terminal server to tie all these guys together.

3 Replies 3

I'll suggest take only what you can practice every day. Nothing is future proof over here 

Pranojit Barua

Azizi
Level 1
Level 1

It will be better to start from first step and go to another one we have to know the basics first

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Gear looks OK. I'm sure it's OK for entry level cert like ccna.  One note here, exam is based on ios version 15, 

At very beginning focus on networking principles and protocols. Here, packet tracer, a free simulator from netacademy,  is handy as well as real gear. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card