Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCNP lab.

Guys! Please help me choose equipment for my home lab. Am going for CCNP now but CCIE in future. I need to be able to do everything in CCNP track, from authentication to redundancy to tunneling etc.

For now, am concentrating in my CCNP lab keeping in mind that I will need to create an MPLS testbed for my thesis.

Please advise! What should I for for? How do I know that an eBay deal is good? What type of equipment should I go for- refurbished or used??

Anyone know of deliveries to Russia?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

2 REPLIES

CCNP lab.

Hi,

If you asked 10 different network engineers this question you would get 10 different kit lists.

My suggestion is to rent equipment from one of the on-line rack rental companies. For example one company rents an entire rack for $1US for 5.5 hours. They have already selected equipment for you that will be suitable for most study scenarios.

Sure you don't get to "touch and feel" the equipment. However working as a network engineer this doesn't happen once you lock a router away in the data centre rack.

Rack rental has the following advantages:

- You can access it from anywhere in the world.

- You don't have to worry about whether the equipment is refurbished or new.

- You don't have to spend hours on eBay searching for the best deals.

- You don't have to worry if the equipment will be shipped to Russia.

Don't forget to rate all posts that are helpful.

Re: CCNP lab.

Sean, thank you for your reply.

The problem with renting is that it does not really allow for time flexibility. I can easily do the same with simulators. I mentioned that I was also working on a thesis and I need the equipment. Renting is not an option.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content