cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDP and LLDP

pramod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I connected ME 3400 directly with Catalyst 3750 metro switch.I enabled CDP and lldp.when i given sh cdp nei its not showing neighboring device.similarly for sh lldp neighbors also the same.In these switches cdp / lldp not supporting under interface.Allowing only from global config mode.Please help to solve this issue

7 Replies 7

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello K.G. Pramod,

two notes:

1)I would try with only one protocol enabled at the global level.

Both protocols do the same job so it makes sense to use only one

to disable CDP on an interface

int type x/y

no cdp enable

2)

For LLDP depending on IOS version used there are some SW defects.

For LLDP to work well you need to use recent IOS versions like 12.2(46)SE or above

Among possible workarounds the assignment of an ip address in the client vlan on the SVI has been reported.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

yes i disabled cdp for entire router and enabled lldp from global config mode. on interface level ME 3400 not supporting lldp even though i use the same ios you specified.can to please help.should i change my switch to client mode ? but in cisco document says we can enable on interface level as well as globally. but on my real metro switch i didnt find this option.

yes i disabled cdp for entire router and enabled lldp from global config mode. on interface level ME 3400 not supporting lldp even though i use the same ios you specified.can to please help.should i change my switch to client mode ? but in cisco document says we can enable on interface level as well as globally. but on my real metro switch i didnt find this option.

Hi Giuseppe,

After my investigation i came to know frames are dropped.

Switch#sh lldp traffic

LLDP traffic statistics:

Total frames out: 0

Total entries aged: 0

Total frames in: 93

Total frames received in error: 0

Total frames discarded: 93

Total TLVs unrecognized: 0

and lldp interface status is

Switch#sh lldp interface

FastEthernet0/1:

Tx: enabled

Rx: enabled

Tx state: INIT

Rx state: INIT

How to fix the issue?Thanks in advance

Hello Pramod,

if the switch would support control plane policing I would think to check it.

Edit:

But it doesn't support it.

try to configure some LLDP param:

Switch# configure terminal

Switch(config)# lldp holdtime 120

Switch(config)# lldp reinit 2

Switch(config)# lldp timer 30

Switch(config)# end

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/catalyst3750m/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swlldp.html#wp1040949

Hope to help

Giuseppe

hi...

I fixed the issue the problem was under the interface i need to enable transmit command....

Hello Pramod,

kind of you to report you have solved thid issue this can help other people facing the same problem.

If I have correctly understood you added an lldp command under the interface and this solved.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card