Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CE configuration - connect to the SP with BGP, running EIGRP internally

Hi Folks,

Are there any configuration examples available for CE connection to a Service Provider's MPLS VPN network via BGP whilst running EIGRP on our own internal network? Most info I've found has been written to assist the SP whereas I just need guidance with the configuration of the customer equipment. The background to our situation is that we have 2 major Data Centre sites and many remote offices currently connected via Frame Relay. We are migrating to a SP layer 3 network because the bandwidth is a lot cheaper.

Thanks in advance, Steve.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: CE configuration - connect to the SP with BGP, running EIGRP

I believe you are asking how to configure the route rdistribution between BGP & EIGRP. There are lots of examples in CCO. The most important issue is prevent the original route to be redistributed back to. Check below for some info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008047915d.shtml

You can also get some examples from the SP. If it is managed MPLS service, the SP will takecare the CE config. Try to redistribute only the traffic is required between two DC. In additional to the MPLS link, you may still require to maintain a backup link (apart from the SP network) between two DC to prevent the failure of the SP network, but need to consider the backdoor issue.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies