cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

chanelised E1 configuration issue

SJ SJ
Level 1
Level 1

Whenver i remove any unused channel group timeslot from E1 configuration the whole E1 goes down. Why the whole E1 goes down when

I am removing unused timeslot.

5 Replies 5

tonycraig
Level 1
Level 1

Can I see the config for the serial and the controller? I think your SP must be running it as a full 2meg possibly throttling via a map. I would check with them. This is reasonabley common. I know for a fact Eircom use this method, It allows them to flex bandwidth without the need for an engineering visit. You may be better adjusting you bandwidth statements or adding a map of your own.

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What platform/code version you are using? Also, can you please post the command you used to remove the time-slot?

Regards,

NT

controller E1 0/3/0

channel-group 1 timeslots 1-2

channel-group 2 timeslots 3-4

channel-group 3 timeslots 5-6

channel-group 4 timeslots 7-8

channel-group 5 timeslots 9-14

channel-group 6 timeslots 15-16

channel-group 7 timeslots 17-18

channel-group 8 timeslots 19-22

channel-group 9 timeslots 23-24

channel-group 10 timeslots 25-26

channel-group 11 timeslots 27-28

channel-group 12 timeslots 29-30

i use the commnd:

no channel-group 12 timeslots 29-30 to remove unused timeslot, the whole E1 goes down.

any suggestions!

I am not an E1 expert, but it seems to me that IOS builds a data structure which it uses to process the E1. This data structure has the control information about how each channel in the E1 is to be processed and with channel groups it also controls creation and utilization of serial interfaces. When you remove a channel group IOS must rebuild the data structure (and remove a serial interface). So it is reasonable to me that the E1 must restart to enable rebuilding of the data structure. I am not sure that there is much that you can do about this other than to be careful about the times where you make this config change to minimize the impact.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card