Views
Helpful
Replies

change the next hop

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I have a hub and spoke topology. EIGRP is changing the next hop when the routing updates comes from the hub, I do not want that to happen, what mean can i use to change the next hop of the routing update? would PBR work in thi s case? i will surely rate this post.

4 Replies 4

bjw
Level 4
Level 4

Can you provide a show ip route and more detail about what you need to happen, and what is actually happening?

Friend,

In a hub and spoke topology, all the updates to the spoke routers will be received from the hub router and hence the routes on the spoke router will be pointing to the hub router.

Narayan

Simple 1 hub and 2 spoke topology. I have a GRE tunnel running between the spokes and the hub, the problem is that when i use eigrp on the tunnel the next hup shows as the hub and when i use ospf the next hop shows up as the spoke, i want eigrp to show the same behaviour. can i use policy routing?

Hi,

If you can be more specific about the problem you are having or even better if you can post the configuration of all 3 routers (remove any sensitive info before posting the config) that would help us quickly identify the problem. A generalized description of the problem would mean that we would have keep asking you more info and that extends the timeline to solve the issue.

HTH

Sundar

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card