cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing router locations

ssperry12
Level 1
Level 1

I have an interesting issue I have several routers 831 and 871 routes my issue is that I configure them and they work in my office; but when I take them to the location and plug them in to the cable modem or dsl modem it will get an ip address from the isp and it will hand out an ip address to the computer but the pc's cannot connect to the internet. Any ideas.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just a guess here but shouldn't your access list 102 have the permit statement FIRST then the deny?

Tried that and it sill does not work.

You don't seem to have a NAT statement in your config ie. you have "ip nat inside" and "ip nat outside" under your interfaces but no nat statement.

Try adding this -

ip nat inside source list 102 interface eth1 overload

Jon

I tried adding that in and i also noticed a new issue the router is not getting a ip address from the cable modem and i have reset both. and i have added a replacement copy of the script with the updated information.

Any ideas why for some reason the router works in one location but when i save the config then turn it off and move it to another building it stops working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card