cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Checking router interface bandwidth

rishad ahammed
Level 1
Level 1

I have a link between two routers which is supposed to give a maximum bandwidth of 20 mb. How can I verify this bandwidth from router .. please help .....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

To my knowledge, there is nothing on board a router to accomplish this.

Some router images used to contain a hidden copy of TTCP, but I too would suggest using an external traffic generator.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

what type of interfaces are you looking at between the two routers ?

take a look at Iperf. (available for download)

we have a monitoring tool .. But i need to create maximum traffic in the link inorder to check the maximum bandwidth. So I am looking for some cisco commands ( if there )  which can create a high traffic

There are a number of 'free" traffic generators available on the internet.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Some router images used to contain a hidden copy of TTCP, but I too would suggest using an external traffic generator.

Thank you JosephDoherty  for your information. I was not aware of this .

The only thing that you can do in a router which I'm sure won't generate 20Mb is a high load ping packet with a timeout of 0:

ping size 18024 rep 500 time 0

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Thank you John Blakley

I have tried with ping test,  But i couldnt  reach 40 mb ( up and down). So i may go for an external traffic generator

rishad ahammed
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for the reply ... I will try with an external traffic generator

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card