cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1721

godlam
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded from the Router to 1721 with ADSL modules from 1710 and the IOS is graded from 12.3(7)T11 to 12.4(1a).

However, once upgraded the IPSec did not work. The tunnel is established and I can ping the destination gateway but I cannnot ping any machine to remote. The configure file is the same and it works before. Any changes in latest IOS 12.4. Please advice. Thanks.

Regards

Godwin

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Godwin

can you revert whether you have upgraded with the same feature set available with 12.3(7) ?

did u check using this command -- show crypto isakmp sa and found any tunnel being created between the locations ?

As you said the wan address will be pingable but u will get the reachability to ur local lan once ur ipsec tunnel is up and ready.

regds

Yes, I planned to do. I think there is no problem. But just want to know why? By the way, now the 12.4 is used the advanced service. Can I downgrade to the 13.3(7) with another feature pack. Thanks.

Godwin

Hello,

just a thought, but how did you put the old config on the new router ? Keep in mind that cut & paste sometimes can screw up the passwors and encryption keys, you might want to try and reenter them manually...

Regards,

GP

Just through the TFTP to put back the old configure. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card