cisco 1841 ADSL

support.golan
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i have couple of questions

i am useing cisco 1841 router

i have an used router

1. how can i reset my router to default settings.

2. when i make some changes on my router i svae the changes (write) and rebbot the router but the configuration does not saved,why ?

3. after those two steps i want to connect my router to adsl modem and configure it.

my router have two port

i will conected my adsl modem to fe0/0

and my switch kan to fe0/1

what should i do to :

3.1 configure adsl on my router

3.2 take care all my lan users will surf on the internet from my router cisco 1841

thanks golan

5 Replies 5

Hi,

1. how can i reset my router to default settings.   -- on privilege mode give the below command and reboot your router.then your router will go default settings

2. when i make some changes on my router i svae the changes (write) and rebbot the router but the configuration does not saved,why ?  -- you need to check with the configuration register via "sh version" command.

3.1 configure adsl on my router  -- is your ISP is giving static public IP or dynamic.based on this you have to configure your ADSL router

3.2 take care all my lan users will surf on the internet from my router cisco 1841  --- once you configured with IP address in both inside and outside  interface , you have to configure NAT with your LAN ip address and your public IP address.

FYR :

http://www.cisco-tips.com/basic-cisco-router-configuration-steps/

regards

karuppu

my isp provide me static ip address

when i create the dialup with my user name & password automatically i getting the ip address

please send me the dialup configuration guide

thanks golan

Hi,

find the below documents.it might help you to congure ADSL internet connection

Cisco DSL Router Configuration and Troubleshooting Guide - Step-by-Step Configuration of PPPoE with a Static IP Address

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_example09186a008071a7b0.shtml 

regards

karuppu

i do not know why but my two interfaces not available(fe0/0 + fe0/1)

they are not shutdown

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3.2 take care all my lan users will surf on the internet from my router cisco 1841

You should engage a network professional for the job. Trying to do it alone will cause much time loss and unprofessional results.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card