Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841 router not booting

hi team

i have Cisco1841 router which fails to boot up. The router gets hangs after self decompressing the image. the router is getting stuck after the comment "Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]: " Pls let me know whether whether this is IOS issue or a flash issue.

3 Replies 3

route2null
Level 1
Level 1

More likely an IOS issue than a flash issue. Some random thoughts / questions... Did this router and IOS ever boot up before? Did you just try to upgrade the IOS? Do you have any other IOS' in flash that you could boot from?

the router was working fine, the problem occured after hard reboot.

the router is running 12.4.3i(MD) ios image and the same image is running in other routers. The flash is having only one one image.

I haven't done it on a 18xx but if you can get to rommon issue the "sysret" command. The output might clue you in on why its failing. Even if it does you're probably looking at an IOS re-install at the very least.

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card