Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Cisco 1941 with vwic3-1mft-t1e1 amber light !!!! Help

Hi, I'm assembling a 1941 router with a vwic3-1mft-t1/e1 serial module installed.  As soon as I set the "card type t1 0 0 " command the amber light (AL) appears on the interface.  Is this normal?  I've set the controller t1 0/0/0 to all the t1 defaults but the light remains on.  What am I missing here?  I bet its pretty obvious to the experienced on here but I'm still scratching my head !!! I've tried all the different controller settings to no avail. Please help. Really appreciate your input.  Thx

Running IOS Version 15.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Henry.

The LED uses are :-

LEDs

• CD (data carrier detect): Indicates a received error on the telco link

• LP (loopback): Indicates that the interface is in loopback mode

• AL (alarm): Indicates an alarm condition

If the AL LED is amber

You must be seeing an error condition from the following list :-

Alarm detection: Alarm indication signal (AIS), time-slot 16 AIS, remote alarm, far-end block error (FEBE), out of frame (OOF), cyclic-redundancy-check (CRC) multiframe OOF, signaling multiframe OOF, frame errors, CRC errors, loss of network signal (red alarm), loss of network frame, receive (blue alarm) (AIS) from network, receive (yellow) from network performance reports or error-counters CRC, errored seconds, burst errored seconds, severely errored seconds, Ft and Fs framing errors for SF framing, (FPS) framing errors for ESF framing, and 24-hour history stored in 15-minute increments

Have you got your framing set correctly etc.

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
1 REPLY
Green

Henry.

The LED uses are :-

LEDs

• CD (data carrier detect): Indicates a received error on the telco link

• LP (loopback): Indicates that the interface is in loopback mode

• AL (alarm): Indicates an alarm condition

If the AL LED is amber

You must be seeing an error condition from the following list :-

Alarm detection: Alarm indication signal (AIS), time-slot 16 AIS, remote alarm, far-end block error (FEBE), out of frame (OOF), cyclic-redundancy-check (CRC) multiframe OOF, signaling multiframe OOF, frame errors, CRC errors, loss of network signal (red alarm), loss of network frame, receive (blue alarm) (AIS) from network, receive (yellow) from network performance reports or error-counters CRC, errored seconds, burst errored seconds, severely errored seconds, Ft and Fs framing errors for SF framing, (FPS) framing errors for ESF framing, and 24-hour history stored in 15-minute increments

Have you got your framing set correctly etc.

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content