Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Cisco 2610 and nm-1e module

I inserted nm-1e card in a 2610 router, however it DOES not recognize the card. A sh-ip-int-brief list the Fastethernet and 2 serial ports. But the EthernetO is not there. The link light comes on when attached to RR modem. Am I doing something wrong? Does it need a driver installed?

5 REPLIES

Re: Cisco 2610 and nm-1e module

What is the IOS running on your router ?? is this a 2610 or 2610xm router ?? The datasheet of 2600XM routers, include the NM-1E module... can you try putting this on some other router, just to check if the module is working fine?

Hope this helps.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Sh-ver lists the router as simply 2600 (mpc860) processor. IOS version id 12.2.

I have swipped it out to another 2610, also, I have tried re-sitting the module but can't still see it listed. sh-diag seems not to see e0. period

The link light comes on though.

Hi

Can you post the output of the following command taken from your router show ip interface brief ,show version and show diag ?

regds

spremkumar:

Thank you for the input, but I have pulled the card from the router. I am NOW going for the NM-1E NOT NM-1E-2W. The gurus of this forum have been great. I will post the result when I obtain/install the new NM-1E shortly. Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content