cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2650 Latency

gdrandles
Level 1
Level 1

There are 2 interfaces (fa 0/0 and atm 0/0) The atm interface shows 178/255 during business hours. The highest process was .39% in 5 minutes (CEF). How do I determine whether this is traffic, old hardware, or other?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you explain ? Looks normal to me ?

All of the remote locations are connected back here via ATM T1. There are about 350 users at the remote building. The latency just became a problem a week ago. Each remote site is the same (2650 edge to ATM T1 cloud). Other sites with similar number of users show rx 77/255 and not causing a noticable latency problem.

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI,

Value you have mentioned as 178/255 is that a reliability value ? ?. It means then you will have to contact your Service Provider immediately for this Issue. May be because of this poor reliability in Router you will face Huge CRC occurance and Latency Issues frequently.

Whereas, if you could post the output of "show processes cpu" command it will helpful to determine and provide you the resolution for 39% in 5 Mins (CEF) ? ?

Also, let us know what is the error you are getting because of this High CPU process.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

I put the CPU information in earlier because I didn't want to miss something. I haven't seen anything that would make me think it was the CPU causing the router to have slow download speeds. The number 178/255 is the rx. I have attached the interface and processes info.

Thanks,

Damien

Hi, looks normal to me, the 2600 is not so much powerful moreover you have "fancy queueing" enabled.

If you see drops, input drops, ignores, then it would another matter, but I don't see that in your output. Just make sure "ip cef" is enabled and the 2600 will do the best it can.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the information and IP CEF is enabled:

ip subnet-zero

no ip source-route

ip cef

I guess I will look into getting another router or upgade the existing one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco