Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 2801 router

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

http://www.facebook.com/CiscoSupportCommunityHi,

This question came from our CSC Facebook community.

dear  need help  when i use the command on cisco 2801 router #show ip aliases  Address Type             IP Address      Port Dynamic                  10.221.125.90               this is the reply i m getting but i cant find the ip address on any of  the router interface nor on clients  i want to know how to remove this  ip  but i can ping this ip  its of the subnet 10.221.125.88/30
3 Replies 3

David Aicher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dynamic ip alias is created by the router for nat translations.  It allows the router to respond to arp requests for IP addresses not physically configured on the router.

For example you may have something like

ip nat inside source static 172.16.1.1 10.221.125.90

you could also have this overloaded using a acl or as part of a pool.

The only way to get rid of this dynamic entry would be to remove the configuration that would cause it to be added.  Check your config for nat pool or nat statement that would contain this address or the subnet it would belong to.

Regards

David Aicher

I checked all 6 routers for this possible ip address and nat configuration , but it was in vain.

is there any aother possibility. pls help

On the device that reports that address capture the following

show ip nat translation | inc  10.221.125.90

show run | inc  10.221.125

for that address to show up in "show ip alias" it has to be in some config on that router.

Regards

Dave Aicher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: